Students joining HGHS Year 7 in September 2020 – Please look out for your Transition Pack which will be issued soon and which will include uniform requirements.
Existing HGHS students: Please click here for details of the phased introduction of the new school uniform. Please note that ALL STUDENTS will be required to wear a white shirt and new school tie from September 2020.
It is our policy that all students wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. Our policy regarding school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies the students with the school;
- is fair and makes students feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance and removes peer pressure to dress in ‘designer’ fashions;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents/carers;
- can assist identification of strangers on school premises;
- is designed with health and safety in mind.