Full guidance for young carers and young adult carers has been published by the Department of Health & Social Care to help those looking after others during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The DHSC has worked with other government departments and partner organisations including The Children’s Society on the guidance, which covers six main areas:
- Understanding coronavirus and how to stop it spreading.
- Practical advice and support including what to do if you think someone you know has coronavirus.
- Managing money, benefits, food and medication.
- School and education including resources to help with studying at home.
- Young adult carers and how to support your family when you’re not living at home.
- Looking after your emotional and physical wellbeing and staying safe online.
The information is also helpful for anyone who provide services to support young carers or young adult carers such as those working in education, support workers, charities and local councils.
You can find the guidance in full here
An easy to read version is also available here