Trips, Visits and Residential Opportunities
To further enrich our delivery of the National Curriculum, students are often invited to participate in school trips to further develop their understanding in a particular subject area. In addition to residential off-site educational visits, the school also organises a wide variety of extra-curricular activities to promote personal growth for our students – both inside school and on day trips off-site.
Please see below examples of residential and local area trips that we have recently organised:
- Sixth Form trip to New York
- Languages overseas trips to France, Germany and Spain
- Sixth Form visits to UCAS conventions and universities
- Various English and Performing Arts Theatre trips to London
- Maths trip to Manchester University
- Geography trip to Iceland and to the Lake District
- History trips to Germany and Belgium
- History visit to the Battlefields and Auschwitz
- Trips to Alton Towers
- Duke of Edinburgh residential visits
- Technology trips to Paris
And many more…..
Students in all year groups have the opportunity to take part in trips, and there will be many opportunities for your son/daughter to get involved in trips throughout the academic year. Please ask your child to inform you when they have received letters from school about upcoming trips. We will also be emailing trips and visits information home. Please therefore ensure that we hold an email address that you check on a regular basis.
Please contact Hazel Grove High School if you have any queries regarding future trips and visits or if you wish to have sight of the school’s trips and visits insurance policy summary. School guidance regarding visits and journeys is on our policies page and below.