We want to make it as safe as possible for students to return to school during lockdown and beyond.
If your child is returning to school, please help protect school buses and public transport for those with no alternative and cycle or walk if possible. To get help and advice on cycling and walking, including tips on journey planning visit tfgm.com.
Essential bus use
For students who must use public transport, space will be limited due to social distancing and with capacity restraints this may mean pupils won’t be able to board all services.
Also, when using public transport students should keep themselves and others safe by wearing a face covering; keeping your distance; washing your hands regularly and buy tickets online or use mobile apps.
A TfGM igo card is proof of age ID (needed for child tickets from age 11) and is also a smart card for buying tickets online, see tfgm.com/igo for details.
Please see the attached updated timetable for the bus services that will be in operation. This is subject to change dependent on usage. We also understand that for some times it may require students missing seminar 3 (or part of) in order to get the bus that they need.
School buses operate daily in term-time and transport student to and from school over a variety of routes. Below are the routes that currently run:
- 374 (STOCKPORT – SHAW HEATH – DAVENPORT – NEW HOUSE FARM – HAZEL GROVE HIGH SCHOOL)
- 874 (CHEADLE HEATH – SHAW HEATH – DAVENPORT – BRAMHALL GREEN – HAZEL GROVE HIGH SCHOOL)
- 834 (BOSDEN FARM – ROSE HILL MARPLE (CHEADLE AND MARPLE COLLEGE) – ANDREW LANE – HIGH LANE – BUXTON ROAD – HAZEL GROVE HIGH SCHOOL)
- 821 (HALL STREET/ TURNCROFT LANE – MARPLE ROAD/ HILLCREST ROAD – BOSDEN FARM – HAZEL GROVE RISING SUN – HAZEL GROVE HIGH SCHOOL)
- 827 (BUXTON ROAD BRAMHALL LANE – CLARENDON ROAD – CHEPSTOW DRIVE – HAZEL GROVE RISING SUN – HAZEL GROVE HIGH SCHOOL)
- H29 (HAZEL GROVE HIGH SCHOOL – BRAMHALL GREEN – DAVENPORT STATION – HAZELWOOD ROAD/ CLARENDON ROAD – CHEPSTOW DRIVE – HIGH LANE – BOSDEN FARM – HALL STREET/ TURNCROFT LANE)
The following bus passes are available for 11 – 16 year olds:
- IGO Card (igo.tfgm.com/) – You need an igo pass to pay the concessionary fare on buses in Greater Manchester.
- Weekly scholar’s ticket. These are ONLY valid on schooldays on school buses and are available from the bus driver.
- Junior Travelcards, available on the bus or from SystemOneTravelCards (www.systemonetravelcards.co.uk/travelcards)
- Stockport Free School Transport information (www.stockport.gov.uk) PDF leaflet here.
Further information about how you qualify for free school travel is also available from the Local Authority website Click here
General Bus Services
307 Stockport – Bridge Hall – Cheadle Hulme – Bramhall – Hazel Grove – Offerton – Stockport
308 Stockport – Offerton – Hazel Grove – Bramhall – Cheadle Hulme – Bridge Hall – Stockport
374 Stockport – Davenport – Hazel Grove
378 Stockport – Davenport – Bramhall – Grove Lane
For the latest timetable information go to www.tfgm.com/public-transport/bus
Bus Timetable 2020
Please see the timetables for bus numbers and times. If you have any questions regarding the buses please do not hesitate to contact us 0161 456 4888.
Transport for Greater Manchester’s (TfGM) Route Explorer; which is now live asks people where they want to go and then shows them all the direct bus services that they can catch, when they leave, where the nearest bus stops are and how they can link up with trams and trains